SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that all general accounting tasks are performed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Subsea 7 Group Accounting procedures and all relevant Angolan laws, rules and regulations. The Financial Controller will also have responsibility for ensuring that all financial reporting to Subsea 7 Corporate Finance is in accordance with Group reporting instructions and timetables. It will be the Financial Controllers´ responsibility to ensure that all tax calculations, reporting and payment are in accordance with applicable Angolan legislation. This includes the preparation of the annual accounts and tax computation.
Presença obrigatória no evento
Leading Oil& Gas company
Área de Função
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING SUBORDINATES
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Manage and develop a service conscious finance function, operating effective control systems and to ensuring the accurate accounting of all operations
- Ensure the function is managed to agreed service standards, development objectives and financial parameters, and comprises quality staff who are managed through clear role definition, objective setting and appraisal
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable function is performing in an efficient manner, establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI´s), and report and discuss these with the Finance Manager on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all tax payments and tax reporting requirements are fully complied with at all times.
- Control the approval, recording and reporting of fixed assets for the Angolan legal entities.
- Supervise and control the operation and recording of all bank account and petty cash transactions.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled on a regular (monthly or quarterly basis as determined).
- Prepare the cash call requirement forecast
- Ensure that reconciliations are prepared each month of the information reported to Corporate Finance using BFC, (the Group Consolidation software package) and SAP (the accounting package).
- Participate in the preparation and review of the Monthly Management Reporting schedules.
- Assist with the regular review and reporting of all Cost Centre actual and forecast expenditure
- Assist with the process of ensuring that all support costs provided by the Angolan entities are correctly reported and recharged at applicable rates to the projects receiving the support.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly updated profit and loss accounts for the Angolan business.
- Assist in preparing long term cash forecasts.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
- Responsible for applying company policy and accounting principles to all financial transactions
- Interface with public organisations for taxes and other accounting or financial issues.
- Manage staff development and training for the Finance team.
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be required.
Qualificação, experiência e habilidades
- Professionally qualified Accountant and / or university graduate in business administration or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant accounting knowledge and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of excel preferred
- SAP knowledge useful but not essential
- Fluent in English and Portuguese, both written and spoken