Fabrication Site – Project Engineer
- Interface with the (Angola Based) fabrication yard team to ensure good preparation and execution of all fabrication, testing and loadout activities.
- Liase and interface with the Project Office (AFGOM London) to ensure sound and accurate two way communication.
- Ensure all technical matters are properly managed as per the Clients specifications and approved project procedures
- Resolve fabrication site issues as required.
- Interface with Client as required on site on all engineering issues.
- Angolan onshore fabrication yard (Luanda or Lobito) during GES project fabrication phase.
- Working rotation (to be agreed)
- Working Hours in accordance with fabrication sub contractors working hours, to be finally agreed.
Presença obrigatória no evento
Leading Oil& Gas Service Company
Área de Função
Engenharia & Manufactura
- Form part of the GES Project Fabrication Site Team
- Manage all technical interfaces with the fabrication yard and the Project Office during the course of the project.
- Attend and actively participate in site Kick Off, Readiness Review, and regularly occurring meetings.
- Input as required to any daily, weekly and monthly reports to Project office and or Client.
- Promote HSSE culture throughout all phases of the fabrication works.
- Ensure best HSSE practice is applied during the preparation and planning of all fabrication works.
- Monitor the work during execution to ensure HSSE compliance with agreed systems and processes.
- Participate in all GES Project HIRA meetings being conducted at the fabrication site.
- Ensure satisfactory close out of any engineering related actions from the Level 1 HIRA’s.
- Attend weekly site walkabouts and HSSE meetings.
- Stop any work that is deemed to be unsafe.
- Confirm that all design engineering deliverables have been issued to the fabrication site, are understood by the Supplier, expand on areas of criticality and resolve any issues arising.
- Ensure all Supplier documents are issued and are approved in line with the project schedule requirements.
- Interface as required with engineering resources in the Project Office including, structural and piping design engineers, welding engineer and materials and coating engineers.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of all materials between the Project Office and the fabrication site, including, required forecast and actual delivery dates.
- Resolve all materials and engineering issues arising on site.
- Ensure change control is strictly and effectively managed, via all processes including TQ’s, deviations and design drawing revisions.
- Verify that all work has been completed in accordance with the approved project procedures and specifications.
- Co-ordinate, and manage all factory and site integration testing is successfully completed and verified by required parties.
- Review and or produce as required lift plans and movement method statements.
- Check and confirm that the fabrication site plan, covers the full scope of the work, has the correct logic links and adheres to all the requirements of the overall project schedule.
- Highlight and advise any areas of schedule criticality of the fabrication site schedule.
- Monitor the site schedule and verify, on a weekly basis, that the progress is a fair and accurate assessment of the work completed within the period.
- Record and review the weekly expended hours, for all disciplines are in line with planned expenditure.
- Provide all schedule information required by the project planner in the Project Office.
- Manage and mitigate activities on the schedule that have the potential to overrun.
- Make certain that sufficient schedule reviews are carried out to prevent schedule slippage.
- Co-ordinate vessel arrival, loadout requirements and vessel turn around times and sail away dates.
- Organise in conjunction with the Site Manager a robust system for site instructions, time sheet recording and approval for any reimbursable type works.
- Align fabrication / manufacture activities to the in process checks, review, inspection and test points.
- Liase with Project office to ensure opportunity for improvements (OFI’s) are actioned and closed out in accordance with processes and timings.
- Alert site manager and or QC representatives about any QA /QC issues occurring.
- Support site QC team as required.
- Manage the punchlist process to ensure all items and snagging list are complete prior to sign off of the completion certification.
- Support the documentation and certification compilation review and completion.
- Interface with project Quality Advisor as required.
- Fabrication site management and engineering team.
- Client provided, suppliers or sub contractors.
- Third parties, such as pre commissioning sub contractor etc.
- Independent third parties, Certifying Authority etc,
- Client representatives on fabrication site.
- Project fabrication site team.
- GES project office personnel including, discipline leads, engineers, HSSE and Quality advisors.
- Angolan Country Organisation (Logistics, Procurement etc)
Qualificação, experiência e habilidades
Capability Profile – Knowledge, Skills Experience and Behaviours
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification or experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Ability to manage individuals within the project and interface with personnel both internal to and external from the project.
- Basic knowledge of welding fabrication inspection and acceptance testing of Subsea structures.
- Ability to plan, expedite and provide detailed reports on project status.
- Aptitude to organise and prioritise own and others workload.
- Capability to communicate with various disciplines and at all levels within the fabrication site and project office.
- Required to work in Angola on a rotational back to back basis.