Responsibility & Authority
- The Accountant’s main responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring all compliance & reporting work with various taxation authorities are completed within a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist Finance Manager with day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for financial month-end procedures, internal reporting and year-end book close
- Monitoring and improvement of procedures within Finance. Among others setting up a system for tracking of supplier invoices and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure that general accounting guidelines, good accounting practices and established procedures are followed.
- Take initiatives for proper, timely action in all aspects.
- Ensure constant care in all matters.
- Make suggestions for improvements and streamlining of activities in all matters within the scope of the section’s activities.
Presença obrigatória no evento
Leading Oil and Gas Operations Company
Área de Função
General Description of Key Areas
- Responsible for compliance work with various governmental authorities such as the Angolan Taxation Authorities (Withholding Tax, Personal Income Tax, Company Tax, Social Security Payments)
- Responsible for End of Month reporting, including preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations, booking of monthly payroll figures, bank reconciliation and assist FM with Monthly Financial Report generation.
- Assist in End of Year Procedures, including Balance Sheet Reconciliations, housekeeping of the company’s books in CODA, act as one of the primary contacts for auditors during End of Year audit.
- Wherever possible, initiate and implement System Improvements within the Finance department including but not limited to CODA, Business Objects, Payment Runs, Excel systems, CICS/RFMP.
- Other ad hoc finance tasks assisting Finance Manager
Qualificação, experiência e habilidades
- Proven necessary understanding and experience of accounting and field of finance.
- Good spken and written command of the English language
- 2-3 years of experience from similar position or as an accountant is required.
- Solid experience in dealing with Tax Authorities
It is important that all documents are filed systematically and logically. All necessary documentation and approvals must be in hard copy and attached to the invoices when processed through CODA. It must be possible at all times for somebody else to quickly find all invoices and approvals.